August 29, 2019
Welcome to The Great Indoors! It’s no secret that our shoppers are in tune with Mother Nature. If it’s a weekend and there isn’t snow on the ground, they’re headed out west with their travel trailer packed to the brim, and their ATV loaded in the back of the truck, too! Ahhhh . . . Sit back, kick your feet up and soak in the fresh air (and hopefully) sunshine! Here at Bower Place, we take that same relaxing attitude and put it under a roof! Step in and experience the lively vitality of our spacious seating areas, tall ceilings and handcrafted artwork throughout the Centre. The best part? Did we mention our 120 fabulous merchants and . . . the fact that our customer only has to park once.
Reporting directly to the Vice President, Retail, National Marketing, this position is responsible for the overall planning and execution of marketing activities designed to elevate the Bower Place brand as well as increase customer awareness, traffic and retail sales.
- Oversee all aspects of the day-to-day marketing of Bower Place.
- Prepare an annual strategic marketing plan outlining short- and long-term strategies for all aspects of the marketing portfolio including traditional and non-traditional media, public relations, special events, social media, interactive, customer service, tenant relations, etc.
- Prepare and manage the annual marketing budget including creating support schedules, coding and processing payables, analyzing variances, being in a position to report on the budget as requested, etc.
- Responsible for the development and production of all marketing communications materials including all marketing collateral as well as, print, broadcast, digital and environmental media.
- Develop, plan and execute consumer and community-based events including Red & White Night, Pancake Breakfast, etc. (including developing event concepts and timelines, securing sponsors, hiring vendors, obtaining swag bag items, hiring temporary staff, completing requisite insurance-related paperwork, preparing an event post-mortem, etc.).
- Serve as editor of the internal newsletter intended for the Bower Place merchant community, including writing copy, editing, designing the issue, proofreading, printing and distribution.
- Serve as editor of the Bower website including producing content and content schedules, keeping the website fresh at all times, etc.
- Ultimate responsibility for all of Bower’s social channels including content strategy and planning, social listening and response, ongoing tracking and reporting.
- Coordinate public relations efforts that maintain the Centre in a favourable light, creates interest in the Centre and promotes special events as well as, increases exposure of tenants, builds relations with key media, and enhances the overall perception of the Centre.
- Foster positive tenant, consumer, community and philanthropic relationships.
- Oversee the Guest Services function with the view to ensuring the provision of “Four Seasons Level of Customer Service” including providing the team with tools for success, training/mentoring staff, addressing performance-related issues, etc.
- Manage the efforts of the Marketing Assistant including outlining objectives, appraising work performance, addressing concerns, etc.
- Conduct and evaluate primary and secondary research, as needed to evaluate program effectiveness, assist with planning, assess competition and be proactive in marketing efforts.
- Assist Leasing as needed through research and marketing efforts with the collective goal of achieving 100% tenant occupancy.
- Work hand-in-glove with other management staff and employees.
- Participate in regular marketing meetings, staff meetings, one-on-one retailer meetings, agency briefings, etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Superior oral and written communication skills (specifically, editing and copywriting).
- Proven social media experience.
- Proven creativity and innovation.
- Possess a positive, “can do” attitude.
- Ability to work under pressure as well as, work independently.
- Strong organization and prioritization skills with the ability to manage tight deadlines.
- Advanced MS Office Skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint). InDesign experience a definite plus.
- University Degree or College Diploma in Marketing, Public Relations, Journalism or Business preferred.
- Minimum 5 to 7 years marketing/communications experience.
Please click here to apply.
QuadReal Property Group will provide reasonable accommodation at any time throughout the hiring process for applicants with disabilities or for those needing job postings in an alternate format. If you require accommodation, please advise the Talent Acquisition team member you are working with and include the following: Job posting #, your name and your preferred method of contact.