Part Time Cashier
June 5, 2019
As you step over the threshold into heaven (and by that we mean, Sephora) . . . You will be taken away to a land of beauty transformation. From skincare and fragrance to make-up and haircare products—you will emerge an even more beautiful version of you (if that’s even possible, you stunner)!
To Comply with all cash handling and related procedures, and provide friendly and knowledgeable client service according to the Sephora Concepts. Maintain the store’s appearance according to Sephora concepts.
Duties and Responsibilities:
“On Stage” / Client Services
- Greet all clients who enter the store with enthusiasm and respect.
- Provide courteous, knowledgeable service to clients.
- Complete transactions accurately and efficiently (including gift wrap).
- Process returns / exchanges in a positive manner.
- Engage clients in appropriate conversation while completing transaction
- Provide basic store and product information to clients as needed.
- Participate as a productive, motivated member of the store team.
- assist in identifying opportunities and possible solutions within the store.
- Recognize and respect the work of others.
- Contribute to pleasant and organized work environment.
- Have flexible staffing availability.
- Be aware of and assist in maintaining Sephora’s merchandising concepts at all times.
- Assist in maintaining standards of cleanliness and organization within the cashier zone.
- Assist in maintaining standards of safety and cleanliness of “backstage”: stock room, lockers, kitchen, bathrooms, etc.
- Ensure completion of the Sephora Orientation / Concept Training prior to being scheduled “on stage”.
- Ensure that POS (Point of Sale) and product knowledge training is successfully completed.
- Actively pursue additional training as needed.
- Assist in training other cashiers and consultants.
- Perform and comply with all Sephora policies and procedures.
- Strive to be an “expert” in assigned zone.
- Perform the following cashier functions and operations on a daily basis:
- Returns / Exchanges
- Price Adjustments
- Communicate Supply Needs
- Opening Cashier Procedures
- Closing Cashier Procedures
- Employee Transactions
- Gift Wrapping
- Participate in inventory control.
- Complete all delegated tasks promptly and accurately.
- Communicate inventory issues / concerns to Lead / Product Specialist / Store Director.
- Maintain store safety standards.
- Communicate zone floor coverage needs to “Director-in-Charge”.
- Ensure compliance with sampling policies and procedures.
- Be knowledgeable of special events / animations within the store.
- Participate in programs to reduce shortage / loss.
- Assist in reducing Company’s expense, but not at the cost of service and presentation standards.
- Perform other store related duties as assigned.
Technical Skills and Specific Requirements
- Excellent client service and communication skills
- Arithmetic skills.
- Handle and apply cosmetic products to clients.
- Willingness to work flexible hours, including some evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Wear costume provided and follow personal appearance guidelines as stated in the Employee Handbook.
- Proficiency in a foreign language an asset, but not required.
- 1 year in retail . service industry preferred.
- Cash handling . cashier experience preferred.
Minimum Educational Level
- High School Graduate or equivalent.
- Work in a fragrance filled environment.
- Move around “on-stage”, “back stage” and offices.
- Lift and carry 50 pounds.
- Bend and stretch to stock shelves.
- Client Focused
- Work ethics and values
- Unbiased product knowledge
- Team Player
- Result / action oriented
- Motivation and eagerness to learn
- Selling skills
12+ hours per week
Starting at minimum wage ($15.00 per hour)
Apply online at www.sephora.ca/careers