Part Time Operations Consultant
June 5, 2019
As you step over the threshold into heaven (and by that we mean, Sephora) . . . You will be taken away to a land of beauty transformation. From skincare and fragrance to make-up and haircare products—you will emerge an even more beautiful version of you (if that’s even possible, you stunner)!
Maintain backstage organization, and ensure their store is compliant with all environmental operations requirements per company standards, as well as merchandising presentations. Maintain the store’s appearance according to Sephora’s concepts.
Duties and Responsibilities:
“On Stage” / Client Services
- Greet all clients who enter the store with enthusiasm and respect.
- Provide courteous, knowledgeable service to clients.
- Communicate product knowledge to clients as appropriate.
- Participate as a productive, motivated member of the store team.
- Assist in identifying opportunities and possible solutions within the store.
- Recognize and respect the work of others.
- Contribute to pleasant and organized work environment.
- Have flexible staffing availability.
- Be aware of and assist in maintaining Sephora’s merchandising concepts at all times.
- Assist in maintain standards of cleanliness and organization, including drawers, price postings and product lists.
- Assist in maintaining standards of cleanliness and organization, including drawers, price postings and product lists.
- Assist in maintaining standards of safety and cleanliness of “backstage”: stock room, lockers, kitchen, bathrooms, etc.
- Assist in the maintenance of the store’s animations and events.
- Ensure completion of the Sephora Orientation / Concept Training prior to being scheduled “on stage”.
- Ensure that product knowledge training is successfully completed.
- Actively pursue additional product knowledge as needed, and inform Product Specialist should additional training be required.
- Perform and comply with all Sephora policies and procedures.
- Process damages, testers and known theft product.
- Organize and maintain backstage per company standards.
- Ensure all shipment is executed on stage and / or backstage in a timely manner, and accept all boxes per company procedure.
- Check in all visual elements and communicate missing / damaged pieces to Operations Lead.
- Participate in inventory control.
- Complete all delegated tasks promptly and accurately.
- Communicate inventory issues / concerns to Lead / Specialist / Store Director.
- Maintain store safety standards.
- Ensure compliance with sampling policies and procedures.
- Be knowledgeable of special events / animations within the store.
- Participate in programs to reduce shortage / loss.
- Assist in reducing Company’s expense, but not at the cost of service and presentation standards.
- Designated consultants will be cross-trained in cashier functions.
- Perform other store related duties as assigned.
Technical Skills and Specific Requirements
- Excellent client service and communication skills.
- Arithmetic skills.
- Operate POS if required.
- Handle cosmetic products.
- Willingness to work flexible hours, including some evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Wear costume provided and follow personal appearance guidelines as stated in the Employee Handbook.
- Proficiency in a foreign language an asset, but not required.
- 1 year in retail / service industry preferred.
Minimum Educational Level
- High School Graduate or equivalent.
- Work in a fragrance filled environment.
- Move around “on-stage”, “back stage” and offices.
- Lift and carry 50 pounds.
- Bend and stretch to stock shelves.
- Client Focused
- Work ethics and values
- Team Player
- Result / action oriented
- Motivation and eagerness to learn
15+ per week
Starting at minimum wage ($15.00 per hour)
Apply online at www.sephora.ca/careers